What could be more proper than throwing an afternoon tea party to celebrate Mother’s Day?! Liston College hosted our annual Mother & Son High Tea on Saturday 11 May with close to 200 attending.
As the ladies and boys arrived, they were greeted with a glass of bubbles (non-aloholic) and the opportunity to have their phjoto taken. They were shown to their tables and enjoye dmeeting friends and other parents in the school gymnasium which was transformed into a welcoming atmosphere of white, pink and mauve.
The sweet and savoury food was delicious and plentiful. Tiers of treats were enjoyed over tea or coffee. Service was provided by the College Prefects and Year 12 boys.
Guests enjoyed amusing, touching and emotional talks by students Slade Wieczorek and Manat Van Endhoven Plas, a poem by Etienne Tagaloa and a tribute to mothers by Mr James Devereaux. Having students talk about their mothers and grandmothers touched the hearts of all who attended. We are justifiably proud of our students.
Thank you to everyone who attended, the boys who spoke, the boys who helped, the talented musicians, Mr Devereaux and of course the volunteer helpers.
Photos from the afternoon can be viewed HERE.
Just some of the comments received are below:
- I attended the Mother & Son afternoon tea on Saturday with my son, a new year seven student. I just wanted to say what a lovely event it was.
- It becomes harder as the boys grow up to find an opportunity where they will spend some one on one time with a parent. It was heart-warming to listen to the speeches, poems and music and to teach the boys that it is important to show some appreciation for their Mums or Mother type figures.
- We all get caught up in life and it was a pleasure to sit and have tea with my own son. I thoroughly enjoyed the event and appreciated the effort that went into making it happen.
- Once again it was a wonderful event and it was lovely to have both my boys with me for the first time, thank you for organising the Gluten Free section too. The talent at Liston is fantastic, so proud of all those boys that spoke or performed, I know it impressed my boys too, they both checked to see if I had a tear in my eye…….I did of course!
- Thank you for a wonderful afternoon. Well done as I know first-hand what a lot of work it is to organise. My son finally agreed to have a photo with me for the first time ever! Thank again for a fabulous afternoon!
A big thank you to our sponsors of the afternoon: Tania Chapman - Harcourts, Jessica Pronk - Mortgage Supply, Best Blooms Florists, Chikos Restaurant, La Rosa Restaurant, Passion Produce, Simply Homemade and Venerdi.