PARTNERSHIP: “Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much” Renowned author, activist and devout Christian Helen Keller wrote the above words and her extraordinary life should inspire us to listen. If it takes a village to raise a child - I believe it takes a family and school to educate them.
I would like to personally thank all parents, caregivers and extended family members for your support of your sons’ education at Liston.
We share the same faith, values and aspirations for your son - and together, I have no doubt, we can do great things.
I invite all families to continue to support your sons schooling strongly. Please note below key upcoming opportunities where you can show your support:
- Year 12 and 13 - Attendance at the mandatory Academic Tracking evenings |Year 12 - Monday 20 June | Year 13 - Tuesday 28 June.
- Year 7 - Conversation with your son about his first 100 days at Liston and the mentoring programme with the Year 13s.
- Year 7 to Year 13 - Weekly conversations with your son about his Weekly Effort Grade for each subject (to begin week 2 of term 3).
- Year 7 to Year 13 - Liston Mother and Son Afternoon Tea (date to be advised)
- Year 7 to Year 13 - Father and Son Breakfast (date to be advised)
Well done to students and staff for the fundraising efforts this week with the Mufti Day and Sausage Sizzle. Over$2,000 was raised for : Pink Shirt Day (anti bullying), Mental Health Awareness and the upcoming Northland Pilgrimage.
Congratulations this week to this weeks Liston Men of the Week:
Year 7: Marko Nola
Year 8: Joniah Lo Tam
Year 9: Audric Puah
Year 10: Oliver Gooding-Girl
Year 11: Andrew Ray
Year 12: Anmol Shrestha
Year 13: Timothy Setiwan