Message from Mr Dooley, Principal
Kia ora Parents and Caregivers,
Delivering High expectations and High support inside a Catholic Boys School is our obligation more than something optional.
If we achieve …
· expectations that are consistently aspirational
· support that is wrapped around, all encompassing and trusted
- our young Liston men will feel confident to break the fear of what others might think if they try their best.
Despite any other challenges, what I have underlined above is the most common obstacle to boys succeeding.
We want our Liston men to be different.
Different because they are not afraid to try their best because they feel strongly secure inside. This inner strength comes from the partnership between school and family where the expectations and support are grounded in faith, love and trust.
This afternoon all families will be emailed an “effort grade” from each of their sons subject teachers. Different from testing ability, this weekly email home will give each family feedback on what I believe to be the most important ingredient to your son living life to its fullest.
- Our Jazz band and Senior concert band who represented the school superbly on Thursday at the annual KBB Festival (Auckland schools music championships). Special thanks to Mr Davenport and Mrs Pascariu for their leadership. See photos HERE.
- Our 1st XI Hockey squad for making the final of their grade after beating Dilworth School 2-1 in the semi final on Wednesday.
Congratulations to our Liston Men of the Week:
- Year 7 - Milo Becroft-Reid
- Year 8 - Nate Lord
- Year 9 - Maximo Weber
- Year 10 - Orion Bava-Young
- Year 11 - Francs Kayembe
- Year 12 - Nicholas Apoligasio
- Year 13 - Fredrick Raju