Our school staff and leadership team remain well prepared for the possibility of a case in our school community. If that were to occur, we are confident we can put our plans into action and know that we will be supported by regional health authorities.
We are fortunate that our digital environment means that should the College close or any student who is away from school or needs to self-isolate can continue with their learning. Teachers already make use of the OneNote application and students can complete class work even if they are away.
At this stage everything at school is “learning as usual”, however we are increasing vigilance around students who are sick and ensuring they stay at home, (even this is usual practice).
You will be aware that Pasifika this weekend has been cancelled. At this state the Polyfest is still going ahead but do check their website for updates.
We all have a part to play in preventing the risk of infection. The best preventative steps are:
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and dry thoroughly
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- avoid sharing anything that has come in contact with saliva, whether in your living or social environments
- stay home when you are sick and seek medical attention
- cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the rubbish
- get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals to ensure a healthy immune system.