Our Ash Wednesday liturgy at Liston to mark the beginning of Lent was held in seven different areas of the College this year – a creative take on the usual mass gathering as a school community.
As we continue to journey through the 40 days of Lent I invite you to join me in a creative almsgiving project, replacing an activity which costs money with one that does not and donating the money saved to the Liston College Foundation Fund (LCFF), which is managed by Auckland Foundation to provide for the needs of future generations of students at Liston College. As Principal and as a practising Catholic, I totally support this project as I believe it feeds into Liston’s Special Character goals. Please note, the Almsgiving donation to the LCFF is separate to the annual school contribution that you make for your son(s) while they are a student at Liston College.)
Some suggested activities to consider:
- Replacing your daily expresso or flat white with a cup of tea or cold drink
- Making home-made burgers together as a family rather than buying takeaways or eating out
- Washing your car at home instead of taking it to the car wash
- Taking a picnic to a local park instead of going to the movies
- Walking to the shops instead of driving and donating the cost of the petrol saved
To donate, click HERE.